Topic

Cuben Fiber Pack Liner, Dry Bags and Coupon Code

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Cuben Fiber Pack Liner, Dry Bags and Coupon Code

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

We are offering 2 new products to our line up. A 30L cuben fiber pack-liner for $29.95 and several sized (4×6,5×8,6×9,8×12,9×15) cuben fiber rolltop dry bags starting at $9.95. This is introductory sale and prices like this won't last forever.

All of our dry bags are 100% bonded with no sewing or seam tape to leak. We used a heavier film based cuben fiber to guarantee a durable leak free drybag. Even though we used a heavier weight material they are still much lighter then comparable silicone coated nylon dry bags.

We have a very limited supply (6 for each size) so please act fast before they sell out. We currently only have them in black but should add a few more colors soon.

On top of that we are offering a 10% off discount that can be used store-wide. At checkout you will need to enter BPLSummer2010 for to receive the discount. (Coupon Code Ends June 15, 2010)

As always free shipping on orders over $50.00

Mountainfitter.com

Rolltop Dry Bags

Mountainfitter.com cuben fiber ctf3 dry bags

Rolltop Packliner

Mountainfitter.com cuben fiber ctf3 pack liner

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Wow I've never seen black cuben before. That's looking sharp. Nice prices as well. Too bad I stocked up on the GraniteGear uber-expensive ones.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I have a black cuben fiber quilt, but it's not nearly that dark. I think that dark black looks pretty sweet. Nice stuff on the site too. I may have to place an unplanned order.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

The black cuben is very "mysterious" looking haha. The color is dark because the material is a heavier version then most people are use to seeing. I built a few dry bags out of the CT1K.08 a while back and they haven't lasted as well as I would of liked. I never realized dry bags and stuff sacks were subjected to so much abrasion and puncture. I didn't want to offer a product that you had to "use at your own risk". So I built something that would be durable and leak free, yet be lighter in weight then Silnylon. These seem to be fit the bill quite nicely.

Chad Roberts
    BPL Member

@carobe

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

What sort of internal volumes do they have?

Michael Crosby
    BPL Member

@djjmikie

Locale: Ky

Got mine and they look great.
    Thanks!

Chad Roberts
    BPL Member

@carobe

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

I saw those, but those are areas (length x width), and don't tell me how much they can fit, unless they're for map storage.

For example, Granite Gear CTF3 drysacks are described as 7 Liter: – 4.5" x 17" x 17".

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

The bags are actually 2" longer then stated to allow for rolling.

4×6 .5 Liter (camera and gps fits perfectly)
    5×8 1 Liter
    6×9 2 Liter
    8×12 4 Liter
    9×15 6 Liter

I filled them so you could roll them once with water then measured. I figure you can't more exact then that.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

guesses size wise for a light (16 oz) down quilt? trying to reduce volume as much as possible

tia

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

I would think the 8"x12" would work perfectly. I don't own a quilt since I am still "old school" and use a bag

Anonymous
    Inactive

The 4 liter should work for your quilt depending on the internal volume after the rolltop is closed. It will be a little tight, but should work.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Rolltop bags also work for compression sacks so if its a little bit big you can just roll it down and compress your items.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

thanks- ordered a 8×12 (along w/ a 4×6, 5×8 and 6×9 :) )

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

haha thanks for your order!

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Thanks for the BPL offer, Lawson. When I ordered my sacks, your site said the pack liner would ship in a week (back ordered). Do you see any possible delays beyond that?

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Lawson:

Do you do custom orders? Thinking about a bigger liner to house 'everything' inside my Mountainsmith Ghost backpack — say 30" x 18" x 14". If so, can you please PM me about est. cost and weight? Thanks.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

The only delay is the my lack of material. I already have more material on the way so once it arrives I will build them and have them ready to ship the following day.

My focus is standard items but I will do custom orders. I recently built Doug Ide a 4 season cuben tarp.

I actually plan to build another 2 packliner sizes. I was thinking a 60 liter and a 90 liter. Would those interest you Ben?

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

pm me when u got it

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

got mine today- they look great!

the 8×12 was a very tight fit for my quilt, but it did fit- exactly what I was looking for :)

thanks

Angelo R.
    Spectator

@zalmen_mlotek

Locale: Northwest CT

dry bags are out of stock.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

More material should be coming in today. If that happens then new stock will be available in the next day or so.

Thanks,
    Lawson

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

We have more drybags and packliners in stock. The price will go up after the sale ends on June 15 so act fast.

Adam Criswell

@macrophyllum

Locale: Northern California

Wanted to give my initial thoughts after receiving the 30L cuben pack liner.

Weight = 2 oz

Black cuben fiber, seemed quite sturdy to me. I don't have any other cuben items to compare it too but it was thicker than I expected.

Seams are taped and the construction looks very solid.

I was not sure if 30L would be large enough as my pack is larger. However, I think the size is just right. I can fit my sleeping bag, all my clothes, my homemade net tent and my ditty bag with all the little miscellaneous items with some room to spare.

I cannot fit my tarp, cooking gear or food bag but I am not really worried about keeping these dry.

I filled the bag with air, closed the top and squeezed, air did leak out very slowly. I think that it would not keep things dry if completely submerged for very long but for rain or an accidental fall into a river I think it will perform well.

My overall impression is positive and I look forward to some good wet weather to try it out.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Hey Adam,

Thanks for your feedback!

I assure that these packliners and dry bags are water-tight. Please fill it with some clothes and submerge it for a while. If your drybag leaks water please return it since these drybags are designed to be 100% water tight.

Dry bags in generally are not designed to be 100% air tight since a water molecule is thousands of times bigger then an air molecule. It's the reason breathable laminates like Gore-Tex and eVent work.

Colin Krusor
    BPL Member

@ckrusor

Locale: Northwest US

Lawson, do you expect to have the pack liners in any color other than black at the reduced price?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools