Topic

Bruce Trail information

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Bruce Trail information

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Blair Gentes

@blastreach

Hi,

I have a month and a half off coming up and would like to thru-hike the Bruce Trail.

I know it is not geared towards thru-hiking, but it is just the right distance and close enough to be affordable for me.

I'm finding it very hard to find collective information on the trail. Does anyone know if there are guide books or anything equivalent?

Thanks

Philip Delvoie
    BPL Member

@philipd

Locale: Ontario, Canada

Blair,

Have you taken a look at the trail guide that the Bruce Trail organization puts out? https://brucetrail.org/store/category/8

I see their online store shows sold out and a new version coming out, however I am sure you can find it in some of the bigger book stores and I would think MEC or Europe Bound here in Toronto would have a copy. The guide is not designed around thru-hiker information, however lot's of great detail.

Colin Matthews
    BPL Member

@litebrite

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Hey Philip,

I'm interested in thru-hiking the Bruce Trail within the next year or so. I found this link, not sure how useful the book is: http://www.footprintpress.com/BruceTrail/btPreview.htm

Also, this is a very old forum thread, but contains some relevant info:
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6118

If you find anything else, please PM me; I'm very interested in the Bruce Trail.

Blair Gentes

@blastreach

I just ordered the Adventure Along the Niagra Escarpment. It seems to be the only literature on the trail directed towards thru-hikers. I had been thinking about buying the older version of the trail guide, but I will just wait a couple weeks to get the new one before I leave.
    Thanks for your help.

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Hey Blair,
    Let us know if you go for it. Not too many people have thru-hiked the trail (most section hike it), for reasons mentioned above. You essentially have to stealth camp the entire time (which is illegal) so it puts a damper on things. There was a book written, but I believe now out of print, about a couple who thru-hiked it. I've looked into it before and your best best is to just grab to trail guide and go. Lots of towns make resupply and food drops relatively easy.

Doug Hus
    BPL Member

@doug-h

Locale: Ontario. Canada

Greeting, just picking this story up a little later, but do we know of anyone how has through hiked the trail. The trail does not seem to be through hike friendly.
    Happy trails
    Doug

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools