Topic

Leavin’ for Sweden!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Leavin’ for Sweden!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    joe newton
    BPL Member

@holdfast

Locale: Bergen, Norway

Just to let you know that tomorrow six UL enthusiasts from Scandinavia/Northern Europe will be converging in the Vålådalen national park in the Jämtland area of northern Sweden. We will spend 3 days backpacking, enjoying the beautiful scenery, talking about gear and the future of UL backpacking in Scandinavia. This will be the first time we've all met although we've been in contact through our blogs for some time now. We are also testing some gear and you can check in with our blogs in the coming weeks to read all about it.

3 of the attendees hail from Sweden:

Gustav Boström from The Bearable Lightness

Jörgen Johansson and Martin Nordesjö from Fjäderlätt .

and the rest of us:

Hendrik Morkel of Hiking In Finland fame

Roger, who is based in Denmark from Nielsen Brown Outdoors

and myself, representing Norway, from Thunder In The Night

Thanks for listening.

Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

I'm jealous. I was in touch with Joe a few weeks ago before our Norway trip, which never happened because Ryanair cancelled our flight at the last minute. Not because there was any problem with the volcanic ash cloud between UK and Scandinavia, but because they had planes stuck in Spain, and used ours for a more populated flight to avoid a bigger number of refunds.

Have a great time guys.

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

Sounds like a great trip….I'm sure everyone here looks forward to a trip report and lots of photos.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Sounds like a fun trip. And thanks for those links.

joe newton
    BPL Member

@holdfast

Well, after a bit of a scare with Hendrik's flight getting cancelled late yesterday everything is back on track and we're heading for Sweden today.

Vi snakkes!

joe newton
    BPL Member

@holdfast

Trip reports from the inaugural Scandinavian UL Bloggers Meet-up in Sweden are starting to appear on the blogs of the participants so click on the links in the first post to find out how damp we got!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools