Topic

Idaho: Boise area BPL’s

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Idaho: Boise area BPL’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Brian Ahlers

@bahlers7

Locale: Idaho

Anyone in the Boise area looking for to take some trips this year?

Steve S

@idahosteve

I am for sure looking for someone(s) to take some trips with this year. Its looking like the work has about dried up so I am hoping to be available for some trips asap! Please get in touch with me!
    Steve

Brian Ahlers

@bahlers7

Hey! Awesome, I didn't see your reply to this post until now :) I responded to your Wind Rivers trip post and I'm definitely interested! Let's get together and take a hike!

John Smith

@jbmarcott

Hey,

I'm also in Boise. I'm a weekend warrior / long three day weekend guy. I'm always looking for new guys to connect with to do some weekend / 24 hr hikes.

Scott McCain
    BPL Member

@highlander366

Just wanted to throw my name out there as well, I'm getting short on time this summer but I will be watching this Post regularly now. BTW just got back from a 30 miler yesterday. We hiked from Landmark to Lola Creek Campground following the Main Fork of the Salmon most of the way. Great Trip.

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

Locale: SW Idaho

I am in Mt Home but grew up in Boise. I have a few plans for this summer up not totally set for every trip this year. And I am fairly flexible with my schedule.

Paul

Steve S

@idahosteve

Awesome to see some more folks available for trips! Brian and I are looking to get out on July 8th, and come back on the 12th. Anyone available, PM us and lets go! We were looking to go into the Sawtooths, or anywhere else that sounded good!

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

Dang, I think I am taking the family camping up at Sage hen the 8 and 9th and then have a maybe trip for 1-2 nights on the 13, 14 or 15th up above McCall. That's just a short hike into a lake or two for some fishing, guy from Indiana might be coming but any and all are welcome on that trip. Just have to get him to give me a solid date as to when he would be here for sure.

Brian Ahlers

@bahlers7

Ya, if anyone is interested in this trip to the Sawtooths let us know for sure!

Steve S

@idahosteve

Hey, wanted to throw this out… is there anyone interested in doing a 24 hour trip, this Sun (18th)& Mon (19th) to a lake in the Sawtooths for some ice out fishing. This is an adventuresome trip, pretty straight forward, and I'll share a secret lake with big fish… let me know asap!

My plan is to leave after church Sun, drive up, hike in, fish the evening, sleep, fish the morning, and hike out and be back by the same time we left the valley… hence, a 24hr trip…

let me know asap with a pm
    Steve

Mike Knapp

@idahomike

Glad to see others are getting out with ultralight gear in the Sawtooths. When I first starting going lightweight last year I thought that UL gear was only for the AT thru-hikers.

Keep me in the loop on outings. I am pretty booked for most of the summer already but I will probably be open for at least one or two trips in September or early October. A friend and I will be hiking from Hell Roaring Lake to Grandjean via Cramer and Baron lakes in late August. Should be an epic hike.

Steve S

@idahosteve

Well, Brian and I have now done two trips; one 3 day hike where we covered about 39 miles before running out of trail, and our first 24 hr trip, which was in the Sawtooths. Both were a blast, and we really enjoyed talking about gear, trying out techniques, and just plain enjoying how easily it is to move in the mountains with light loads!
    Here's hoping that we can get more folks to join us and have some really epic trips this season!
    early season trout
    Be sure and drop me a pm as I'm in construction, and my schedule is always changing. I'm always trying to get out! Here are a couple of pics from our 24hr trip, and a fish from the high lake high lakes still have snow

Brian Ahlers

@bahlers7

Steve S

@idahosteve

We are planning another trip, and are hoping some other Idahoans would be able to make it. Brian and I are thinking of doing a multi day, possibly up to 6 days long, into the Sawtooths, or White Clouds. We are looking at possibly Aug 12-18.
    If you are interested in joining in, let us know! There is also the possibility of just coming along for part of the days mentioned as well.
    Thanks!

Steve S

@idahosteve

Looks like we are scheduled for a 3 day trip into the white clouds, Aug 16-18. We are looking to do about 35-40 miles, all over the range. Let us know if you are interested!

Steve S

@idahosteve

Hey, anyone available? I'm between jobs, and have most of the next month off. Anyone looking to get out, please, let me know asap, and lets plan something!

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

I have a trip coming up that has been in the works for the past year. I have a few guys coming in from PA and OK to do the Toxaway/Alice lake loop starting on the 9th. We are going to meet up on the 8th for a meet and meat and greet then hike the loop over 4 days. It is going to be a few crazy hammock guys but any one and every one is welcome. Right now the group looks like just 4 of us so still small enough to get to know folks and hang out. I am planning to fish most of the lakes and if time allows may climb Snowyside. We are going to be keeping the daily mileage down as the elevation we have here will be a big change for the out of state guys. Give me a holler if anyone is interested in joining us.

Steve S

@idahosteve

Cool! I'll drop you a PM and see about joining up! Thats a fun loop! Talk to you soon!

John Smith

@jbmarcott

Hey,

I'm heading into the White Clouds this weekend. Driving up early Saturday morning to 4th of July TH and heading in. At this time, looking at doing the Loop Trail, 28 miles with some detours to some side lakes. Maybe some peak bagging if time allows. Return Monday evening to Boise. Ayone interested in joining / meeting up?

Steve S

@idahosteve

Joel,
    I would be interested! I'll drop you a PM and discuss some details!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools