Topic

The Nest

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery The Nest

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Scott Lehr

@lehrscott4

Locale: Louisville - KY

Here's a neat pic of what people call Eagles Nest. The depression in the side of the cliff is large enough for 8-10 people to climb into. Its pretty sketchy since its on a 285 ft rock face.nest

Daniel Fosse

@magillagorilla

Locale: Southwest Ohio

Yup, A friend of mine was hiking below here when he heard an odd noise in a tree. What he found was a very mangled guy that just fell out of that nest and was hardly alive. My friend gave me a very graphic description of what this looked like, but I will spare you the details. Others were already in rout to the scene. Mountain rescue hauled him out of the valley and medivac flew him away. Don't know if he lived or not. I was there that day but split off to hike another area. He told me the whole gory story when we met back up later in the evening. It was a good dose of reality about being carefull at Big Red.

Don't fall off the Gorge!

Two of my friends have fallen near Chimny Top. Luckily they were saved by rocks ledges at 10-15 feet. Both suffered broken bones. Hiking someone out with broken bones is not easy.

I am terribly affraid of heights which comes in handy at Red River Gorge.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools