Topic

Steripen Adventurer v.s. New Steripen Adventurer

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Steripen Adventurer v.s. New Steripen Adventurer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Art …
    BPL Member

@asandh

ok, people are talking about the REI sale which begins this Friday, May 21.

The Steripen Adventurer will be on sale at 30% off.
    However, I'm pretty sure its only last years version that is 30% off.

Before I plunk down $70 on the "old model" can someone tell me whether the "new model" is so much better its worth paying full price for ($100).

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

That's the whole idea of Gear Deals. We NEVER pay full price. So then the question is, Where can I get the 2010 model at 20% off?

Is the REI 20% off sitewide? If so, the new model is only $10 dearer than the old.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

It would be to me. Contacts are much easier to keep in contact with the water, IMO, and while the addition of an emergency light might be a bit gimmicky, it does work.

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

The Steripen Adventurer is the same (new or old). The newest thing out from Steripen is the Adventurer Opti. They still make the regular Adventurer. You can look at both here SteriPen

I haven't used the new one, it might make things easier but there is also the chance that the optic eye can fail. I'm not going to sell my Adventurer until I see some product reviews (Roger could you please).

Until then, that is a great price and if I didn't own one, I'd buy one.

Chris Grove

@clgrove

Locale: Colorado Front Range

Why not use the 20% coupon for the new Adventure Opti? That makes the new Adventure $10 more. I was going to buy the Opti then decided to wait when I heard about the coupon. Are the Steripens not included? I did not read the fine print.

ChrisG

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

You can use the coupon on the Opti- the fine print only excludes Bikes and their travel stuff

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

If you read the fine print on the 20% coupon, it says "on one full-price item (exclusions apply)."

If you don't read the fine print, then the lawyers will love you!

–B.G.–

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I used my Steripen Adventurer for seven full months on my RTW trip last year. Went through 2.5 sets of CR123's. Never had a problem with the metallic (non-optic) sensor at all. And never got sick.

Henry Blake
    BPL Member

@dragon

Locale: Minnesota

Ben,

Did you carry 1-2 extra sets with you, or were you able to easily find them somewhere along the way (where?)?

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> I'm not going to sell my Adventurer until I see some product reviews (Roger could you please).

Scheduled for publication fairly soon – next month I think.
    I like both the Opti and the older model.

Cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools