Topic

Easy overnight near Tahoe

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Easy overnight near Tahoe

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Graeme Finley

@gfinley001

Locale: SF Bay Area

My wife and I would like to do an easy overnight trip over Memorial Day weekend. It'll be the last backbacking trip we'll have together before my wife has our baby at the end of July. We're probably going to be in Sacramento on the 28th, so would be interested in something in the Tahoe area, although obviously we don't want to deal with snow.

We don't want to deal with crowds and would like to avoid camp grounds, but don't want to hike more than about 5 miles into a campsite. Any ideas?

Preston Patton
    BPL Member

@prestonpatton

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Take a look at Middle Velma Lake, just west of Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe, in the Desolation Wilderness. It's about 4 miles in and, this early, probably won't many people. You might have to walk over a few snow patches though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools