Topic

Point6 Merino?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Point6 Merino?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brian Strong

@bmstrong

http://point6.com/home

I'm an old school Smartwool user. I really haven't purchased anything since the company was sold. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled across a press release explaining the founders of the old SW founded a new wool company. The only questions?

Has anyone used them? How are the socks?

Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

Locale: Pacific Northwest

This is almost good news. If they had merino tops, it would be great news.

I was comparing my ancient, tattered smartwool light top yesterday with the replacement smartwool one I got with my REI rebate. The new one feels very different and doesn't fit the same, so I keep wearing the threadbare one.

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

The socks are the best I've worn. I own 'em from everybody, but the fit and comfort from Point 6 is really top notch. The socks haven't been out long enough to determine real-world life expectancy, but I got some early pairs and have been wearing them regularly. Truly love the fit of the socks.

They're made w/a compact spun merino, which should give a more durable sock than Smartwool.

Fit truly great. I like the "Active" line.

Smartwool, Teko, Darn Tough, whatever else… I grab my Point 6 socks first.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools