Topic

Lightweight camp shoes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Lightweight camp shoes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul Cronshaw

@beemancron

Locale: Southwest US

As a scout leader, I do not permit my scouts to wear open toed shoes (eg “flip-flops”) on backpacking trips.

I have not tried these models but they seem like a good light closed toe shoe around camp at the end of a heard day of hiking.

I note there is no heel strap. The price is right!

http://www.allheart.com/ahcc2000.html

Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

> I have not tried these models but they seem like a good light closed toe shoe around camp at the end of a heard day of hiking.

>I note there is no heel strap. The price is right!

$9 is certainly cheaper than Crocs, which are about $30. The Airwalk, available at Payless Shoe Source for $20, has a heel strap and is lighter than the Croc (Airwalk, size M12: 10.6 oz; Croc, size M10 (really a size 12): 13.2 oz). I’m curious whether these shoes are made of Croc-density or Airwalk-density material.

For river crossing, a heel strap equivalent can be made from light cord wrapped once around the ankle, passed through the holes, and tied.

L. T.

@guinness1759

I tried the Allheart as a cheaper alternative to Crocs. However, the XXL’s were too small. I wear a size 12. I wound up sending them back and ordering a pair of Crocs. Be sure to order up a size when choosing Allhearts.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools