Topic

I need some Tyvek

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear I need some Tyvek

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

Does anyone know where I can buy some house-wrap by the foot?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

AntiGravity Gear sells it.

D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet
    John Adams
    BPL Member

@scsjohn

Locale: Midwest

Home Depot sells it. I purchased a roll a while back. It is 9 feet long by

. If you want some, or the other places cost too much I could sell you some. I have more than I need. (It was probably a silly idea for me to buy so much.

JA

Kier Selinsky

@kieran

Locale: Seattle, WA

I've heard that the housewrap grade isn't waterproof enough for tarps and ground sheets, that it won't stand a downpour or sustained rain, and that you have to get the finer clothing or kite grade. Is this true?

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

How's it going Denis haven't talked to you in a while. I have some tyvek house wrap you can have. I think it's 4' wide just let me know how much you need and pm me your address. In case you don't know who this is, I changed my avatar. You taped my foot at Bear lake to help my Plantar Faciitis. Let me know what you need. It's your's free I'll even pay the shipping. Jack

kevin smith

@divr6347

jack
    can you ship some tyvek to my house too lol ill let you know when it arrives :)~
    thanks
    kevin

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

Kevin,

I'm pretty sure you have to go tape his foot first. Just watch out for the Guard Penguins. I hear they're pretty mean.

Rod

Scott Lehr

@lehrscott4

Locale: Louisville - KY

I just bought a 9x9ft piece from ebay last month for $16 shipped. I dont know if this is a good deal or not. So far it has been plenty waterproof, much more so that the sil-nylon fly on my hubba hubba. I use mine for a ground sheet for my floorless tarp tent and it has seen use in severe rain twice now with not a bit of moisture coming through. And yes it is house wrap, not kite material.

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

Locale: SW Idaho

I have it in 3 foot widths by what ever length you want. Same day shipping on most orders as well.

http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/998590

Paul
    Arrowhead Equipment

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

Hey Jack,

It has been better than a year since we met at Bear Lake. Hope you and your son are doing well.

I want the Tyvek for ground cloth. A few friends have new tents and I'm making footprints for them. I think 4' is a bit narrow for what I have in mind. I miss the days when Home Depot had a big roll and sold it by the foot.

Kieran, I've been using house wrap for five years now and it works great. Tough as nails and protects the floor of my tents very well. And it's multi-purpose: You can shake it to scare away critters.

I'll try AGG and Zpacks.

Thanks

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I got some by the foot from the hardware store in Idyllwild.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools