Topic

2 oz Japanese Flush Cut Saw $6.99

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 2 oz Japanese Flush Cut Saw $6.99

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    >> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Locale: NEO

Harbor Freight has a Japanese Flush Cut Saw with 6.25" blade for only $6.99. I'll have to put mine on the scale but from what I hear they are just over 2 oz.

Michael Crosby
    BPL Member

@djjmikie

Locale: Ky

I have used these for quite some time and as long as you do not get in a hurry, they work great.

Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Locale: The-Stateless-Society

Yeah, the blade is real thin and bendy, which is an advantage for it's intended purpose, but you have to be real careful not to force it on the push stroke (which is counter-intuitive to western style saws in the first place), or it can get misshapen. That being said, I've bent the crap out of mine and it's easy to put back into shape.

I wish I could find one just a bit thicker, but a couple inches shorter, for about the same wt, it'd be a beast.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools