Topic

Ideas for Yosemite in Mid June

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Ideas for Yosemite in Mid June

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Emmett

@daintree_parks

I have 2-3 nights in Yosemite around June 12. I had been thinking of doing TM to the Valley but it sounds like there has been a lot of late season snow. I do not want to deal with snow. Any other suggestions? I have never been out to Yosemite before.

In fact, I am flying into SFO and I am willing to do something other than Yosemite too. After the first part of the trip I am meeting a friend in the Ventana Wilderness for 3 more days.

Thanks for any tips.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

When most of us go to Yosemite in a normal season, we head to the high country, mostly 7000 feet elevation and above. However, with this extra snow, we might be forced to stay in the lower elevation areas such as Hetch Hetchy, which is around 4000 feet.

–B.G.–

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools