Topic

Trip Report Index

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Trip Report Index

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Chris Morgan
    BPL Member

@chrismorgan

Locale: Southern Oregon

Trip Report Index

Submission Form

After reading the recent thread about sorting the trip reports by location, I decided to spend some procrastination time by drawing up a little index. I went through the trip report forum, as well as the photo forum, and have only included those threads that have actual trip reports or photos with descriptions. If someone wanted, they could add columns for trip length, time of year/terrain, family/group/solo, backpacking/packrafting/bikepacking etc.

If you find other trip reports in the forums, or in other relevant places, please feel free to add them.

Chris

Update: Google spreadsheets seems to be on the fritz, and wide-open editing seems to be causing too many problems, but I think I've found a solution. For now I'll try to keep this thing up and add new reports from the trip report and photo fourms every month or so, but if I've missed something or you've found a report somewhere else, click on the link below to add a new entry, and every few months or so I'll add them to the spreadsheet.
    Thanks! – Trip Report Index Submission Form

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Incredible!

Thank You!!!

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Chris,

Wow!

That is incredible that you took the time to do that.

Thank you and I hope that people Reply to this Thread to keep it up on the top of the Trip Report Thread so that it does not get lost by getting pushed down and off the 1st page.

Some serious work that you did there.

Much appreciated!

-Tony

Alex H
    BPL Member

@abhitt

Locale: southern appalachians or desert SW

This is great and this sort of index or sticky topic is one of the things the forums need, thanks.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Yep, excellent pro bono work Chris, the running list of Trip Reports badly needed some cataloging. Hopefully BPL can figure out a new way for members to input trip reports by geographical location in the future in a format that is easy to navigate like the one you devised. This is an excellent place to start. I'll echo what Tony said, hopefully people will keep the Trip Report Index at the front of the page, otherwise this useful tool will get shuffled back in the old pages. Gracias por su arduo trabajo!

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

Lots of work! I enjoyed looking at some of the reports, so thanks. I believe that the second Glacier NP link is for Glacier Peak in Washington, not the national park in montana.

Brandon Sanchez

@dharmabumpkin

Locale: San Gabriel Mtns

Definitely bookmarking this. Thank you so much.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Awesome job! BPL should give you a lifetime membership for that. Since people have been asking for quite awhile.

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

Well done

Jamie Shortt
    BPL Member

@jshortt

Locale: North Carolina

Chris, This is insane! thanks so much for the effort that went into it. I decided to check and see if it worked…I randomly picked one of my trip reports. I found the link and wouldn't you know…it took me right to the report! The real beauty is helping me find other reports on areas I want to visit.

Thanks, Jamie

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

That's some real dedication! Awesome job

-Jay

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

A great job Chris! I've added my Susquehannock Trail trip report to the spreadsheet!

Boozer
    BPL Member

@anywayoutside

Locale: South East

Great Job Chris!!!! Thank You!

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

props Chris! Thanks for the labor of love.

Dean F.
    BPL Member

@acrosome

Locale: Back in the Front Range

Pretty handy.

Missed mine of Great Sand Dunes:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=24944

OTOH, I didn't know that someone else had written a trip report about that spot, before…

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Wow, Chris. What a great thing to do. Thanks for taking the time.

Dirk Rabdau

@dirk9827

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Chris –

A real outstanding effort. I very much appreciate all the work that went into this undertaking, a real Herculean effort. Super-clean and efficient!

I am really impressed with this type of effort. I, like most people, enjoy to criticize but seldom do a lot to make things better. Your effort makes things way, way, way better. Top-notch effort!

Dirk

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

Awesome job Chris! Thanks for doing all the legwork on this it worked out great.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Simply put….wow!!!! Thank you so much for doing this! Awesome job!

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Chris,
    One of the best contributions I've seen in a long time! I hope this continues as people add to it.
    Thanks!
    Tom

Christopher Konsowitz
    Spectator

@thekonz

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Chris

Thanks for all your work on this!! It makes looking at trip reports so much more efficient. Is there no way for BPL to make this stay at the top of the Trip Report Threads? like a sticky on other forums. Once again Thanks!!

The Konz

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

Man, just thinking about how hard BPL's search function is to use makes this truly impressive! Fantastic job! Thanks!

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Thanks!!!

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Incredible!

Cheers

Larry Dyer

@veriest1

Locale: Texas

This is an incredible resource!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools