Topic

Lafuma bags?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Lafuma bags?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cole waltner

@cole4570

I recently found a lafuma bag, and was wondering if these are decent down bags. I am familier with Western Mountianeering, and Mountain Hardware, but haven’t been able to afford them. The Lafuma bags seem to be in my price range, does anyone have one and how well do they work?

Scott Peterson

@scottalanp

Locale: Northern California

My rather limited knowledge suggests that if there is one place not to cut costs or corners it is with the bag.

That said I am not sure which Lafuma you are considering. I have seen the Marmot Helium on closeout for as little as $180. Sometimes closeouts or used highend bags are better than new/full-price “cost concious” bags.

Tom Gibson

@terribletom

I presume you’re talking about the Warm ‘n Light series. I think they come in 600g, 800g and 1 kilo models. I have the Lafuma Extreme 800, a synthetic predecessor of the Warm ‘n Light 800. I have just recently bought it, and only spent on night in it. For the $40 I paid, I think it’s going to be a fine summer bag.

I suspect that the down variety are somewhat better than the synthetic version I have, though aside from the fill I’d expect similar construction.

I think that the Lafuma bags offer good value. Keep your expectations realistic. You aren’t buying a $400 sleeping bag, so don’t expect $400 bag performance.

If you buy, you MUST NOT store the bag long term in the factory (tiny) stuff sack. If you can buy the display model that’s hanging on the rack, do so. Get a pillow case or large cotton stuff sack to keep the bag in when you’re not using it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools