Topic

Shock Cord Tie-Outs On Sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Shock Cord Tie-Outs On Sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Never re-tension again your tarp again! These shock-cord tie outs keep everything nice and tight. I have been making and using these shock-cord tie outs forever. They are made using 1/8" marine grade shock cord. They stretch to double in size and come in 8", 16", 24" and 48" lengths. They are built to last! I am now offering them for sale at my website
    Mountainfitter.com

Sizes:
    8" 2.4 Grams (.08 Ounces)
    16" 4.0 Grams (.14 Ounces)
    24" 5.6 Grams (.19 Ounces)
    48" 10.4 Grams (.36 Ounces)

shock cord tie outs

shock cord tie outs

shock cord tie outs

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I've been doing something similar for my Hennessy hammock for a long while. Works well, and cheap. A win win situation.

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

Probably not the place, but this is advertising, so I don't really care.

I'm not a big fan of shock cord guylines. I find that my tarp flaps more in the wind with them.

Jeff Moody

@bigtiki

Yeah, probably not the place. If you don't care maybe you should show at least some courtesy.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Settled!

Jack H.

@found

Just looked at the description of the Gear Deals section. This does indeed seem like the proper place to post. I'm not the forum police either so i don't really care. Just providing my comments about the product.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Maybe the reason your tarp flaps is because of the design… These have always kept my silnylon and cuben tarps tight.. What kind of tarp do you use?

Jack H.

@found

Mostly I use a coated nylon tarp. I also often use a Silnylon one and a regular woven plastic tarp from a hardware store. I also know other people who have tried the shock cord thing. Perhaps I could give it another try sometime.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

You should because they have always worked great for me and everyone I know that uses them..I am not quite sure why your shock cord tie-outs didn't work for you though.. Especially since you can pull them just as tight as a static cord.

Jeff Moody

@bigtiki

Lawson,

My comment was not directed at you. The comment was directed at Jack because his post started off with "Probably not the place". I took the first line of his post to mean that this is probably not the place to give my opinion but since this is advertising I don't care. I simply agreed that this was probably not the place. I thought it unfair of Jack to give somewhat negative feedback on a product you were selling because the post looked to him like advertising. Your post was a look what I have to sell post and not a give me your opinion on shock cords post. If you want to discuss the pros, cons, opinions, etc. of shock cords maybe that should be done in the G-Spot forum. I never questioned if this post should be here. By the way, so what if I have only 34 posts.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Hey Jeff,

My apologies.. I read your comment quickly really late last night and thought you were saying I was rude by posting a potential product offering in the Gear Deals section.. I just re-read your comment and it makes sense now.. Thanks for getting my back.. I said the 34 post part because I felt like you backed this bear into a corner haha..

Cheers,
    Lawson

Jeff Moody

@bigtiki

Lawson,

No problem. I have seen several of your posts and you seem like a nice enough guy who either is trying to start up or expand a company into the UL market. In the past you have asked many questions trying to figure out what this community would like to see in the way of products. I think that is very cool and the more people or companies that we, the UL community, have asking what our needs are or what products we would like to see is a good thing. The community gets gear they really want as well as getting to give direct input to the maker or designer of that gear.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools