Topic

Added hanging loops to BPL Nano tarp

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Added hanging loops to BPL Nano tarp

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

I decided I wanted a couple of hanging loops on my Nano tarp for hanging my bivies, etc. Since the Nano doesn't have any stitching down the ridge line I definitely didn't want to add any holes. I got some cuben scraps from Joe @ Zpacks and bartacked a loop of elastic flat cord with a clip to a 1.5" square piece. I then laminated the cuben to the Nano with Silnet. I also added a little Silnet to the outside threads for piece of mind. It came out looking very good and a firm tug on the loop assures it'll hold fine for the intended use.

It's now 6.5 oz in the stuff sack with supplied guylines cut to length and line locks. I also replaced the cuben "cord" on the stuff sack with leftover guyline.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Nice work….it looks great.

So you used 'Silnet'? I'm surprised that a product intended for silicone impregnated fabrics would work well but I don't know much about bonding cuben. I would have thought something like SeamGrip would have worked better with cuben.

James Wyrwicki
    BPL Member

@jim1233988

looks nice. I was thinking of doing the same thing to my tarp. What is the chance you have a little scrap left over?

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

I had some SeamGrip but it was unopened and the Silnet tube was partially used already so I stuck to that. Either would work fine according to everything I've read.

I have some small scrap left over or you can get Joe to send you some. He sent me some of both weights he has for 5 cents plus his standard shipping charge.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Interesting info about Silnet & SeamGrip. I just glued a few scraps a cuben together with both to test out tomorrow.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

I knew I got it from somewhere reliable.

Nano Product Page

Check the Seam Sealing section.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools