Topic

Langdale and environs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery Langdale and environs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

A few shots from the weekend.

I stayed up at High Close on an invite from a mad poet friend. He's working there over the summer. It's a wonderful old building with fabulous grounds, planted with many varieties of trees and shrubs, particularly Rhodedendrons.

High Close

.Rhodedendrons

I found a nice secluded level terrace for the newly perimeter meshed and tyvek floored Hut 1

.Hut 1-3

Strolling up for a look over Grasmere, I had to nip smartly off the side of the track as a shepherd came over a hump in the hillside.

.shepherd

He stopped for a look at the view too.

.shepherd2

.grasmere

Over in Little langdale I found this delightful pack horse bridge called Slaters Bridge.

.slaters bridge

We called at the ThreeShires, and nearly got blown over as the Air Ambulance swooped in for someone who'd collapsed in the hotel.

.NW air ambulance

This morning I got a good if hazy view of the Langdale Pikes from Loughrigg, before descending and hitching home.

.langdale pikes

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools