Topic

MSR Hubba Hubba HP Tent Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable MSR Hubba Hubba HP Tent Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Raymond Estrella

@rayestrella

Locale: Northern Minnesota

Ha, you guys are getting me mixed up here. I am NOT married right now. Jenn IS the ex wife. I would never think of trying that mixture.

I have never used a BSI Evolution. I have used the Revolution one night. (Nice tent) I liked how fast the Scarp 2 sets up, but found the crossing poles to be a pain if they are needed. But I would take the HP of those.

If I were expecting extreme weather I would still take my Bibler Fitzroy or BA String Ridge though.

Bryan Hickerson

@bhick

Raymond, I'm interested in this tent as being my main "go to" tent. I'm 6'2" and curious if the listed floor dimensions are "real". Is the floor really 84" and are the end walls nearly vertical? I've gotten in a few tents where the floor length listed is quite shy of what I measure. I'm basically looking for a reliable double wall 3 season 2 person that can accomodate my height without my head and feet touching the ends. I'd like to keep the total weight below 5 lbs. The CS UL2 fits this but I'm not fired up about how the doors unzip (top and sides), so that the door either falls on the tent floor or on the ground.

I've enjoyed this site. Thanks for the info here!

Bryan

Bryan Hickerson

@bdhick

I just purchased a membership so I can read the many reviews here. Your review answered some questions. BTW – I grew up in Bemidji! I love northern MN!

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools