Topic

Backcountry.com on the bandwagon! 20% off

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Backcountry.com on the bandwagon! 20% off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

SWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. REI better watch its back
    Coupon code:
    56L-1-C3JBA

*Discount does not apply to gift certificates, lift tickets, Arc'teryx, Aire, Billabong, Black Diamond, Burton, Camelbak, Chaco, CW-X, KEEN, Kelty, Kelty Kids, LaSportiva, Mountain Hardwear, Marmot, Merrell, Nixon, Oakley Sunglasses, Osprey, Nike 6.0, Patagonia, The North Face, Spyder, Scarpa, Smith Sunglasses or Western Mountaineering. If an item is already on sale you'll receive the better of the two discounts.

edit: wow thats a lot of limitations. sorry, not so sweet i guess

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

Montbell still works, and so does Ibex, Icebreaker, Smartwool, and some other cool stuff.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Watch the pricing. They are overcharging for the montbell UL super spiral down #5 in reg/right zip, pricing it as a long size.

Nate Davis
    BPL Member

@knaight

Locale: Western Massachusetts

How much does it suck that I just put in an order with them yesterday?!

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Nate, give them a call and see if they'll apply the coupon. If not, buy the same item with the coupon and return the one you just ordered. (assuming the savings is more than the return shipping)

Nate Davis
    BPL Member

@knaight

Thanks Jeff, the items weren't that expensive so it'd hardly be worth it, but I would have ordered another item from them had this sale been going. Now, that same item won't quite get me to the free shipping mark, so I'm not sure I want to put in the order. Oh well.

frank martin
    BPL Member

@sriprank

Locale: NORCAL

I had the code from a SAC order.
    I been waiting to get a McMurdo Fast Find 210 PLB.

Placed the order first thing this morning and it is on the way.

Most retailers exclude GPS electronics.

So there was a $60.00

Juston Taul

@junction

Locale: Atlanta, GA

I didn't need anything, but I had been putting off buying a pair of Hurley Phantom 120 boardshorts in black. 20% off made it a deal.

Thanks Backcountry! :D

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

I checked today for the McMurdo FastFind 210 PLB. Every time I tried to click on it the site took me to a much heavier/more expensive McMurdo PLB model. I can only assume that Frank got the last one?

I also want a Primus Micron Ti stove, but with 20% off the total will be too low for free shipping. I gotta look for something else to bring the total up to $50!

Nate Davis
    BPL Member

@knaight

Man, just had an awesome experience with these guys. I mentioned to them that I just put in an order two days ago and would have ordered another item had I known about this, but didn't want to pay for shipping once again. They offered to send me the item @ 20% off for only $2 shipping. Not bad!

Mike McHenry

@mtmche2

>> *Discount does not apply to gift certificates, lift tickets, Arc'teryx, Aire, Billabong, Black Diamond, Burton, Camelbak, Chaco, CW-X, KEEN, Kelty, Kelty Kids, LaSportiva, Mountain Hardwear, Marmot, Merrell, Nixon, Oakley Sunglasses, Osprey, Nike 6.0, Patagonia, The North Face, Spyder, Scarpa, Smith Sunglasses or Western Mountaineering. If an item is already on sale you'll receive the better of the two discounts <<

What the heck are you supposed to order then? They should just tell you what brands ARE on sale. The bent gate deal and the Moosejaw deal are much better.

Nate Davis
    BPL Member

@knaight

They gave me 20% off on a Patagonia Capilene 2… Not sure what that disclaimer's all about.

Ryan Bowlby

@rbowlby83

Locale: East Bay

Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered a Mont-bell U.L. Spiral Down Hugger #3 long for 215 shipped. Not too shabby.

frank martin
    BPL Member

@sriprank

Locale: NORCAL

Looks like I got the last one.

I got my coupon Code included with a SAC order a few weeks ago. Usually I just toss them. When I noticed it didn't exclude GPS's and was for 20% I marked the 13th on my calendar and place the order early morning. I just had 'dumb luck'. Who knows they may have also removed them from the website after selling me mine for the duration of the sale.

I was checking them out at REI last week. They had one in stock. Really lightweight. $299 + Ca tax.

I like the new feature with SAC where you can withhold shipping and stack your orders and reduce shiping costs.

Don't buy very much there any more as am pretty much 'geared out'.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools