Topic

Trip suggestions: JMT

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Trip suggestions: JMT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Matt Hall (a member on this forum) & I are taking a trip late Aug / early Sept and have sought route advice for the Denver area in another thread.

As we narrow down our search we might as well muddy the waters with more ideas, right? Actually, we don't get to take tons of mountain-based trips and want to pick a great route that we can handle.

+++++++++++++++++

So basically we're looking for JMT-type scenery & preferably fishing, 5-7 days on trail with about 45 – 55 miles or so total. We want to allow for slow days early to let us get acclimatized (?) to the high altitude. (My Dr. gave me a prescrip for Diamox if I need it) A "bailout" point or two would be nice in case altitude treats us poorly.

Last but not least, we'll have to find transportation from the airport to trail, etc, so easy access is important.

Thanks, folks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools