Topic

South Carolina – Palmetto Trail and Foothills Trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports South Carolina – Palmetto Trail and Foothills Trail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Don Meredith
    Spectator

@donmeredith

Locale: SouthEast

I just got back from a nice walk in the foothills of South Carolina. Photos and route are posted here:

Palmetto Trail & Foothills Trail Hike – April 2010.

Green

Ridge

Black Snake

Don Meredith

lightpack.blogspot.com

Ryan Tucker
    BPL Member

@beartoothtucker

Enjoyed the TR. My wife and I hope to do the FHT next year. Just moved to SC, hope to do a bit of recon this summer.

Jamie Shortt
    BPL Member

@jshortt

Locale: North Carolina

Don, Thanks for sharing your trip. I went over to your blog and particularly like the way you have shown your trips using GPS output. I have been racking my brain as to how to easily show routes. This may be the ticket.

Nice work stepping off trail a bit, nothing gives appreciation for those who created our trails like trying to cover any distance without a trail.

Thanks, Jamie

Don Meredith
    Spectator

@donmeredith

Locale: SouthEast

Thanks, Jamie. I've always enjoyed your trip reports and gear projects. I'm pretty new to the GPS game. The routes on the ISO maps were just imports from the GPS into Garmin Topo software. That package lets you import it into Google Earth to show the route posted on top of Google's satellite imagery.

The GPS was particularly useful as a back-up confirmation to the map and compass when we were hacking our way through dense mountain laurel.

DM

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Great TR, thanks for sharing!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools