Topic

Marmot Venus Jacket Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Marmot Venus Jacket Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

Companion forum thread to:

Marmot Venus Jacket Review

Matt Lutz

@citystuckhiker

Locale: Midwest

Goofy quilting patterns reduce a garment's quality. To the garment makers out there, please stop using them.

Marco A. Sánchez

@marcoasn

Locale: The fabulous Pyrenees

Another mass market piece of gear.

One more reason to support cottage industries and MYOG.

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

And Marmot used to operate out of a garage, hand-making state of the art gear.

Mike McHenry

@mtmche2

In 50 years I wouldn't be surprised to see GG or MLD selling "mass market" pieces of gear. Thats just how businesses grow I guess.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

are there any clo or warmth measurements …

id like to see those prior to trashing it … hmmmmm

Lori P
    BPL Member

@lori999

Locale: Central Valley

I have and really like this jacket – I do wear it around town and to work as well as "in the wild." I use it for about the same temp range as I do the Montbell Thermawrap – between 50F and freezing, usually with a base layer under it, sometimes with a windbreaker or rain shell over it. I didn't appreciate the funky quilting pattern after I saw the men's jacket (I like the men's jacket better) but it's still a nice enough economical down jacket.

Kathy A Handyside
    BPL Member

@earlymusicus

Locale: Southeastern Michigan

I find that I prefer men's designs in everything now. I'm so tired of the cutesy fashion statements of women's outdoor clothing! I want something practical and comfortable that also has some room to it. Too many of the women's clothing are too short, too tight, and just not practical. I've noticed a trend with the manufacturers of women's outdoor clothing and that is that they seem to be catering solely to the 20-somethings. So many of the hiking pants are the kind that ride below – and some are way below – the waist. And why are there so few choices in length of hiking pants? Men seem to be able to get hiking pants no matter how large the man is and they can get them in many more lengths than we women can.

This jacket is pretty, but I don't really care about "pretty" when I'm backpacking.

rhonda rouyer

@rrouyer

Locale: deep south

I have this jacket and love it. Big enough to layer under and slim enough to layer over. I'm all about layering. I did backpack with it this fall when the temps were just above freezing and found it to sufficient in camp at night and comfortable with my pack. For colder temps I would add a gore tex wind/rain jacket. It works for me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools