Topic

Inov-8 sizing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Other Activities Inov-8 sizing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Shane Shin

@melhousen

I'm looking to buy a pair of Inov-8 Roclite 320's for trail running and ultralight hiking. I've read one place that they size a bit small and to order a 1/2 size larger than normal. I normally wear a 10 1/2. I don't have anyplace nearby that sells them so I'd have to order online. Anybody got any experience with Inov-8's?

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

Shane,
    I normally wear a size 9 but use a size 9 1/2 for the 315's. If you go to the runningwarehouse site and give them a call they will also help you.

James Wyrwicki
    BPL Member

@jim1233988

i normally were a 9, but felt more comfortable in a 10 with my 315s. My feet tend to swell a half size when hiking high milage. Since inov-8s run small a 10 better suited.

Richard D.
    BPL Member

@legkohod

Locale: Eastern Europe / Caucasus

See this for reference: http://wiki.backpackinglight.com/Inov-8

I've worn 320s and 315s. I am normally a size 12.5, and size 13 320s were perfect for me. Size 13.5 or 14 315s were perfect for me.

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

May I suggest calling Invo-8, (508)-480-8856 and talk to Lisa Mikkelsen. She will give you insight for the shoe your looking at.

Thomas Burns
    BPL Member

@nerdboy52

Locale: "Alas, poor Yogi.I knew him well."

I own a pair of Mudclaws and Terrocs, but I've also tried on various other shoes in the line. They are, for the most part sized correctly at the heel but far too small in the toebox, IMO.

I tend to buy them a half size bigger so that my toes won't squeeze too badly and live with the fact that they are too loose at the heel.

But that just might be my feet, of course. Every person has an optimal shoe brand based on the design compromises that each brand makes.

That's why I never order shoes via Internet anymore. I go to several full-service places and try on many sizes and brands before I buy.

Of course, not everyone has that option. The alternative is to buy and send back a lot of shoes — a hassle, no doubt, but worth it in the long run if you have no other alternative.

Cordially,

Stargazer

Stargazer

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Just to give some insight from the other side of the fence…I just bought my first pair of Innov8's online. Everywhere I read, it said to size up by at least 1/2. I usually take a size 11 so ordered a size 11.5 in the flyroc 310. They are too big for me. I even changed the insole to see if I could still use them. Nope…you'll see them on the gearswap in the coming days. :(

Edit: Man, I sure feel dumb. That link from the wiki article to that Innov8 sizing thread sure could have come in handy!

Nate Davis
    BPL Member

@knaight

Locale: Western Massachusetts

Steven, I had a similar experience — sort of. Mine felt just a tad too big when I ordered a 1/2 size up and I considered returning them. But I decided to just walk around the house in them for a bit longer, and started to wonder.

I ended up biting the bullet and took a trail run in them. It was awesome. I think they were just a different type of shoe and perhaps needed to "mold" to my foot a bit. I've logged 220ish miles in them now and will soon be buying another pair of the same model.

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

I actually wondered if perhaps they did fit, but I was just not used to the feel of the Innov8's. I haven't hiked in them, but I've been using them for about 2 weeks on the treadmill at the gym – I'd guess maybe 20 km or so. They are usable, but they just feel floppy on me, and it seems that my toe is very far from the end. Width wise they seem great. I'd probably give them a fair chance if I didn't have my Zion trip coming up. I'm hesitant to bring a shoe that doesn't feel quite right on that trip…

John Brochu

@johnnybgood4

Locale: New Hampshire

Anybody here have experience with Roclite 295s and 315s?

The 295s in 9.5 fit great so I figured the 315s would use the same sizing but I just bought a pair of 315s and they seem to fit much tighter in size 9.5 than the 295s.

I'm not really sure it's just the pair I got or if the 315s run smaller than the 295s. (Both are 2009 models fwiw.)

John Brochu

@johnnybgood4

Locale: New Hampshire

FYI – I went ahead and called the phone number Ken provided above and spoke to someone named Gina. She told me the 295s run about 1/2 size small (which is true to my experience) but the 315's run a full size small – which explains my problem with the new pair I ordered.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools