Topic

Need last minute trip idea needed

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Need last minute trip idea needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Greg Lewis
    BPL Member

@gpl916

Locale: PNW

My wife has company coming in, and with our small house, it will be crowded. So she said to get out of the house for a few days. I said "Okee dokey, I am out a here".

I am leaving tomorrow and looking for a 2 1/2 day trip within a few hours of Seattle. Yakima looks like the best weather that I can find. Does anyone know of a good 20 or 30 mile loop over there without snow?

I may stop on the Yakima river on the way to try my Tenkara.

If no good ideas come up I might hit Ozette out at the coast and get wet.

Thanks,

gl

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

nm

Elena Lee
    BPL Member

@lenchik101

Locale: Pacific Northwest (USA)

we did the Ozette Loop on Olympic Coast in Feb ( where you hike from Ozette to Cape Alava and then hike out at Sand Point.) It's not 20 miles but you can make it as many as you want with all the beach hiking. Cape Alava has some good campsites, just make sure you don't camp by the toilet. Keep checking weather for LaPush, right now looks partly cloudy for the weekend with precip around 20%. of course you never now because almost always those weathermen lie..)

(the whole tide thing is overrated there is plenty of space to go around those points)

Elena Lee
    BPL Member

@lenchik101

Locale: Pacific Northwest (USA)

oops, i didn't read your are "leaving tomorrow". sorry hope Yakima was cool. Let us know what you chose!

Greg Lewis
    BPL Member

@gpl916

Locale: PNW

Hi Elena,
    Thanks for the tip, I will hit the coast next.

I did a loop on the Canyon rim trail in Yakima. I got in around 20 miles on what turned into an S24O. The weather was nice in the day dropping to below freezing at night. It was interesting hiking in sagebrush country- Great views. I spent alot of time bushwacking after I got tired of the dirt road that is the trail. I plan to put in a trip report this weekend.

gl

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools