Topic

Golite Jam for women – $55 – REI

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Golite Jam for women – $55 – REI

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

Today's daily deal from REI is the women's golite jam pack.

http://www.rei.com/product/799397

The deal is only good for today. tomorrow it'll be back at its normal outlet price.

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

This is a great find. I picked up a women's medium jam last month for around this price. I have an 18.5 torso, 38 chest, and the fit is good. The hipbelt is flared out a bit more than the men's, to better suit a female's figure, but in all honesty, when the belt is cinched tight, it does what its suppose to do. The harness is wide enough, and the belt distributes weight. Other than a small inverted triangle logo next the the word 'Jam' that designates this as a womens pack, this is no way to tell this is a female pack…especially if you buy the gray/grease color which they still have a medium in. Give it a shot, it may work for ya..and of course its REI, so return it if it don't. Another perk, the straps are all shorter, so the women's pack weighs less than the mens. Good luck!

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

thanks. i considered getting one to try, but im 6'1" and i doubt the medium would be anywhere close. im right between a medium and a large for the guy's pack sizes. plus im happy with my golite pinacle.

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

yeah, I think that would be cutting it too close with your measurements, and also, as you said, you already have a pinnacle. According to the sizing chart, both women's and men's medium packs are to fit 17.5 to 19.5 torso. However, I've always felt golite packs were a lil undersized, and in the case of my womens jam, I don't really think that anyone with a spine length more than 18.5-19 would find it comfy. They also dont have a Large in the women's series. Still good for someone else out there.

http://www.golite.com/images/sizing/packs.gif

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

finally, someone besides me is a bad influence. got one for the GF. thanks!

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

Deal is done. They are now @ $75

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

Got mine! I hope she likes the blue color. If it all works out, I'll be posting a GG Virga on the Swap soon.

Frank Steele

@knarfster

Locale: Arizona

i would wait to see what the weight is on the Jam before selling the Virga. I ordered a Jam that was supposed to be 26 oz, and it was 31, so back it went. My virga is 20 oz and the medium GoLite was too small on my back.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools