Topic

Hemp Brownie Cliff Bar

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Hemp Brownie Cliff Bar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

A hookup gave me a funny special edition Cliff Bar. mmmmm… weed brownies man!

For your eyes:asdfasd

waeraw

brent driggers
    BPL Member

@cadyak

Locale: southwest georgia

dont operate any heavy machinery and you might need to go pick up a box of twinkies, potato chips and a 2 liter soda for dessert. :-)

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

We're almost there!

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

thumbs up!

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

heeettyyy..

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

lol… it's not weed. By the way, hemp hearts are a really awesome source of vitamin D for those of us who wear sunscreen and live in more northerly regions.

Angela Zukowski

@angelaz

Locale: New England

I asked about hemp hearts at whole foods and the guy looked at me like I was crazy! Has anyone seen them there? I couldn't find them…

Mark Regalia
    BPL Member

@markr

Locale: Santa Cruz

Does anyone know if hemp might cause you to test positive in a drug test? I remember one employee years ago who failed a drug test. He claimed he regularly ate hemp oil, and was able get out of it. He was a valued employee with a good reputation for honesty.

If you are going for a job I would be real careful about consuming anything with hemp in it. If you are already employed you might be able get out of a positive test. But for a new employee I doubt you would get a second chance. Then maybe it's just the "hemp" making me parnoid.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

About a hundred years ago, hemp was grown in many parts of the U.S., and the hemp fibers were made into rope. Later, that industry died out when modern fibers came around. However, if you go out into the fields where the hemp was grown, there are volunteer plants still coming up. That is extremely low-THC stuff, and modern "weed" is the high-THC stuff that will show in a drug test. I suppose that it is possible for low-THC stuff to show in a drug test, so the only safe way is to avoid it altogether.
    –B.G.–

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

According to Manitoba Harvest, a Canadian company who makes many edible hemp products, the THC level in modern edible hemp products will not cause a positive drug test. They cite a med journal, as I recall.

I'm in a drug testing position for DoD, and I don't worry about it. I use hemp protein, hemp nut butters, and such.

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

Manitoba Harvest is the brand I use. If a health food place doesn't know about Hemp Hearts try asking for shelled hemp seeds. Same thing.

Elizabeth Tracy
    BPL Member

@mariposa

Locale: Outside

Shelled hemp seeds are a fantastic source of Omega 3's. Unlike flax seeds, you do not have to grind them to get them to break down.

I scatter them on salads, on my oatmeal, and yes…I take them backpacking!

Recently I saw that Trader Joe's is selling a hemp protein powder. I'd like to try that. Owing to its Omega 3 content, I'd be more likely to take it on a backpacking trip than, say, whey protein powder or soy protein powder.

Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Locale: The-Stateless-Society

I use hulled hemp seed in almost all of my baking (pardon the pun!.. not really.), and usually with whole flax.

They're great, but pricey here.

Also, hemp milk, is the ultimate un-milk. Also very pricey, but oh so rich and good in hot chai.

BTW, a great alternative(vegan, and gastro-friendly) to whey protein is brown rice protein.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"BTW, a great alternative(vegan, and gastro-friendly) to whey protein is brown rice protein."

And pea protein as well, as well as hemp protein.

Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Locale: The-Stateless-Society

Good tip Doug, I haven't tried the Pea protein.

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

Important to add omega 3 for healthy nutrition.

Thanks for the good posts above.

For "butter" spreads and peanut butter I switched to Smart Balance in addition to a much healthier diet. My cholesterol is way down.

http://www.smartbalance.com/OmegaFamily.aspx

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools