Topic

Canon S90 battery life

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Canon S90 battery life

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Michael Schwartz
    BPL Member

@greenwalk

Locale: PA & Ireland

Does anyone know how many pics–approx–one could expect to get out of a full battery charge when using the Canon S90? Taking into consideration that the photographer, in order to save battery charge, would not be using the camera screen to view pics alrreay taken. Mike

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Over at dpReview, 200 seems to be the most common number, with a battery that has cycled a couple of times, and Image Stabilization On only for shooting.

I didn't see a mention of LCD or No LCD.

Michael Schwartz
    BPL Member

@greenwalk

Locale: PA & Ireland

Greg, 200 doesn't seem too bad, if I carry a spare battery. I've been using a Canon with replacable batteries which are easy to pick up. I'm concerned about not being able to recharge and missing shots. –M

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Page 15 of the manual says 220.

Occasionally there are posts of 250 or 300, IS Shoot Only, LCD on lowest setting, and power off in between.

But the only way to really know Your battery is "shoot till she don't shoot no more".

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

I haven't counted, but my experience has been "a lot". I've been surprised at how long the batteries last, especially in the cold.

I'm a convert to proprietary batts if they all work this well.

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California
    drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Yikes, that's pitiful.

Derek Cox
    Spectator

@derekcox

Locale: Southeast

A spare battery is 5 bucks…

Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

Carry an extra non-OEM battery for $5. It won't take as many pictures as the OEM battery but it will take quite a lot, and you'll be thankful you have it when you need it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools