Topic

Lahe Tahoe this weekend

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Greg Kittridge
    BPL Member

@gkitt80

Hi All!

I posted something in the trip announcements forum, but didn't get any hits so I thought I would try here. My girlfriend and I will be in the Tahoe area this weekend and we are looking to do a nice day hike in the region. We will have snowshoes, so if those are required we would be set. Any suggestions for any loop hikes and/or out and back routes? We are looking for something in the 5-8 mile range with great views.

We will be coming into Tahoe over Spooner Summit, and will be meeting up with friends in South Lake in the evening, so something on the southern side of Tahoe would be preferred. I went over to Emerald Bay a few weeks ago and thought that was absolutely breathtaking, but didn't really know of any trail options other than hiking up to Eagle Falls.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Greg

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal
    John Drollette

@tradja

Locale: Central Oregon

6-8 miles, close to South Lake, and you have snowshoes? I'd hit Mt. Tallac. About 7 miles round trip and an AWESOME view from the east bowl and summit.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools