Topic

Golite 2009 Jam2 60 dollars shipped

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Golite 2009 Jam2 60 dollars shipped

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Sierra trading post has a sale on their golite jam2's, in WOMENS sizes. Combined with their 25% off dealflyer (sign up for their emails, get the discount ), they come out to be 60 shipped. They also have golite pinnacles in MEN's size Med for a good price. (See my below post for free shipping code, which brings it down to 50 shipped)

Given the discussion in the G-spot about the womens and mens jams virtually being identical, outside of color, I've pulled the trigger. Will report on fit when I receive it.

JM Addleman
    Spectator

@jaddleman

Locale: Eastern Sierra

there's also one on my local Craigslist for $50. I can try to pick it up for anyone interested. $5 for the service plus actual shipping.

Greg Lewis
    BPL Member

@gpl916

Locale: PNW

Thanks, I just ordered a small Jam2 for my son. There weren't any M Pinnacles though. I have been looking for one.

Thanks,
    Greg

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Hey Greg, I suspected they only had 1 in stock. The pinnacles sold out on STP a couple months ago. I assume these are just customer returns that they are reselling. Keep your eye out, they pop up ever so often

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Almost forgot. Depending on who processes your order, you may be able to stack freeshipping with their deal flyer coupon. STP has a catalogue with a riddle in it, and if you put the keycode of the catalogue, and the right answer in the notes section, you get free shipping (they credit it back to your account)

So just post the following in the notes to your payment
    Answer: Themistocles
    Catalog: Spring 2010
    Keycode: CDG8235H

My jam came out $50 shipped after they accepted my free shipping answer

Greg Lewis
    BPL Member

@gpl916

Konrad
    I will keep looking for the Pinnacle. That would be a terrific price. The Jam I bought came out to $54 plus change with my coupon and free shipping. I didn't know about the riddle.

greg

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

whoa, cool! Did you order other stuff so that you could use a freeshipping promo? or is there just a general free shipping code on any order amt, floating around?

Greg Lewis
    BPL Member

@gpl916

konrad,
    There was just general free shipping for a ltd time I think.
    gl

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

Do you know if the Womens Pinnacle is the same as the mens? Like the Jam2?

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

I had a discussion with Gary Dunckel (drzooz) about the differences between male and female jams, and he mentioned that on both sexes, the shoulder straps were both sewn 2" apart, and hipbelt padding is the same. In general, he said that the women's pack felt fine for him. Based on that, i ordered a women's jam. Because the women's only go up to a size medium, you would have to make sure your torso is within that range ( if youre a men's large, youre outta luck). Companies market their packs as having slightly different curvatures in their harnesses and belts, but Gary didn't seem to notice any difference. My take on it is that even if there were a slight difference in curves, in a pack this lightweight, with the lightweight loads I intend on carrying, I doubt i'd notice.

That all being said, I can't see a reason why the pinnacles would be any different than the jams. good luck!

Frank Steele

@knarfster

Locale: Arizona

Make sure it is a Jam2, which is supposed to weigh 26 oz.

I ordered a Jam2 from Camp Saver. what showed up is the latest generation Jam (Jam2 is either 2nd or 3rd generation of the Jam pack) It weighed an atrocious 31 oz.

The Jam started out at 22 oz and 2500 cu in. then the Jam2 came out at 26 oz and 3050 cu in. The latest version has 3050 cu in but has a stated weight of 31 oz, which I confirmed on my digital scale. Needless to say, it is going back.

Shouldn't the bag be getting lighter?

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Hey Frank, yeah in 2009, they started calling them Jams. In 2010, they introduced recycled tier 1 fabrics which bumped up the weight. The 2008 and before Jam2 weighed around the 20oz mark. The 2009 Jam is about 27 oz, while the 2010 Jam weighs in at the weight of the you measured. The one's on STP are all 2009 Jam's. STP never carries new inventory, its always last seasons (or more) gear. Heres a link as to the changes between the 2008 and 2009 Jams if youre interested
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=18399

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools