Topic

Lake Tahoe Loop

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Lake Tahoe Loop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Greg Kittridge
    BPL Member

@gkitt80

Hello All!

Kind of last minute, but my girlfriend and I are going to be in the Lake Tahoe area this weekend and would like to spend the day (Saturday) hiking/snow shoeing. We will have our gear out here, but are completely at a loss as for where to go. Are there any 8-10 mile loops with good vistas that we could hike on Sat? Any suggestions?

I hiked up to Eagle Falls a few weeks ago (above Emerald Bay) and REALLY enjoyed that area. Whats beyond Eagle Falls if I keep hiking into Desolation Wilderness? Is that a potential for a good 8-10 mile loop hike, or are there better options out there?

Thanks for your input!
    Greg

Klas Eklof
    BPL Member

@klaseklof

Locale: Northern California

You could loop around Tamarack (or over it) up to Relay Peak, from Mt Rose Highway. Mount Judah could be nice, from Donner Pass Road. Or Pyramid Peak, up Rocky Canyon from Highway 50. All of these give amazing views.

Options are plenty. If it looks good on the map it probably is.

– k

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools