Topic

BoxWave Anti-Glare Screen For Panasonic ZS3

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography BoxWave Anti-Glare Screen For Panasonic ZS3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John Coyle

@bigsac

Locale: NorCal

I am thinking or ordering a Panasonic ZS3, because I am finding that I need a wider angle lens for landscape photography. (The ZS3 has a 25-300 equivalent lens) My concern is that there is no optical viewfinder on this camera, as with almost all other cameras of this type. My current camera has an optical viewfinder and a screen, but the screen is hard to see in direct sunlight. Several people have told me that a BoxWave Anti-Glare Screen helps with this situation. Anyone have any experience with those stick on screens? Also any other information on this particular camera (Panasonic ZS3 would be helpful.

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

Hi John,

No personal experience but the BoxWave is well received on Panny forums, especially among LX3 shooters. The display is quite bright but an absolute mirror, and I'm considering a cover for this summer, myself.

If you take the plunge I'd be interested in any feedback, positive or otherwise.

Cheers,

Rick

John Coyle

@bigsac

Locale: NorCal

Hi Rick

Do you mean if I take the plunge with the BoxWave or the ZS3?

My current camera is a Canon A720is, which is a good camera. It has an optical viewfinder, and uses AA batteries, but the lens is just not wide enough at 35-210. I'm finding that wide angle is more important for me than telephoto in landscape shots. It takes great pictures though, as you can see from my frog picture in the Tarptent gallery. http://www.tarptent.com/photogallery.html

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools