Topic

$119 at Eddie Bauer – First Ascent Downlight Sweater

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals $119 at Eddie Bauer – First Ascent Downlight Sweater

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John Z
    BPL Member

@feather

Found this on sale for $119 in the Eddie Bauer store today. Don't know how long the sale will last.

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

I guess they must have seen this thread too!!

Justin Carter
    BPL Member

@orangebananas

Locale: San Francisco East Bay

Is it over? I only see it for $169.

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

The price went up IN THE MIDDLE OF THEIR 30% off sale. It was listed at 119 on the website, but landed in the cart at $169

I emailed them a week ago, but haven't heard anything back. The fact that it's in-store (OP) at $119, but not on the website honestly makes me think that they have seen this thread, and don't want to miss out on the rush of orders.

The truly ridiculous part is, that it's only available in XXL in one colour. It just smacks of either arrogance or REALLY poor marketing to me.

Rod

Ryan Longmire
    BPL Member

@longmire

Locale: Tejas

Whittaker (EB's partner in crime for the First Ascent stuff) has the Downlight Sweaters for $135. Still not as cheap as in store, but cheaper than EB.com..

http://www.whittakermountaineering.com/cat/1215/on-sale/insulation/first-ascent/mens-downlight-sweater

Michael Williams

@mlebwill

Locale: Colorado

I went to the store yesterday and they are $50 off. Sounds like a good deal and I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Maybe today or tomorrow but I'm in-between sizes. The XL is just a little too tight across the chest and shoulders and the XXL is huge.

I did ask how long the in store sale would be going – the sales lady who was clueless about technical gear didn't know. But she did say the promos were updated every Wednesday, but it could change any day depending how well the marketing campaign was going.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools