Topic

Six Moon Designs Driglide™

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Six Moon Designs Driglide™

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Does anyone know if the Driglide™ fabric, used by Six Moon Designs for the Swift'10, is available under a general name from the typical suppliers?

Is this is a case of 're-branding' for exclusivity, or is it a truly unique fabric, available only through SMD?

Thanks.

Gary Boyd

@debiant

Locale: Mid-west

The same thing when I read that. Maybe polypro in disguise?

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Not surprisingly, Ron Moaks over at SMD noticed my post. Here is his e-mail to me:

"Concerning your BPL inquiry on origins of Driglide. We did rebrand it because I didn't think it's generic industry name was very descriptive. It is generally found in many products in the outdoor industry. Most noticably as the top layer of fabric on the brand of Superfeet foot supports. It's also found in ski boot linings and other areas where moisture and friction can cause problems. It is not available in the general market so you won't find it at any of the popular outdoor materials shops.

"It's nothing like polypro or the commonly used 3D mesh. It's abrasion resistance, friction reduction and wicking properties have all been independently tested."

So there you are. A unique and specific product, not readily available to the general public.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools