Topic

ULA Conduit, summer mod

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear ULA Conduit, summer mod

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    George Summers
    BPL Member

@jorgoz

Locale: in the flat country of Belgium

Hi,

I like my ULA conduit lots, except that it gets really hot during hot weather.

Would adding a couple of strips of 3d mesh to the back help with cooling things down a bit ?

Corey Miller

@coreyfmiller

Locale: Eastern Canada

Something to keep it directly off your back may work better… not sure about the mesh.

Simon Weiss
    BPL Member

@simongtr

Locale: Bay Area

I have a conduit and I get the back-sweats pretty much no matter what.

I bet a layer or two of ridgerest pad aligned to rest on your rear hips/lower back to keep the majority off your mid/upper back would help some. Since the loads you typically carry in a conduit, in the summer are minimal, pushing it off your back probably won't add too much extra pressure to the top/front of your shoulders.

I don't think mesh will help unless there's space behind it with free-flowing air.

Curious to hear how this goes.

George Summers
    BPL Member

@jorgoz

Locale: in the flat country of Belgium

I think i'll go the chamois route, put a chamois between the pack and my back.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools