Topic

Evernew EBY255 TiDX Stove Set

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Evernew EBY255 TiDX Stove Set

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kathy A Handyside
    BPL Member

@earlymusicus

Locale: Southeastern Michigan

Has anyone seen or used this new stove set-up by Evernew? The burner looks like the Trangia burner except it's made of titanium. The whole stove set-up only weighs 3 oz. It's definitely not cheap – $87 seems a lot to me. But it's certainly lightweight for a burner, windscreen, pot support, and something they call a "turbo plate" which sits over the burner. It looks cool, though. I wonder if BPL could do a test of it?

Kathy A Handyside
    BPL Member

@earlymusicus

Locale: Southeastern Michigan

Forgot to mention that it's an alcohol stove; they sell a bigger set that can burn wood, alcohol, or Esbit fuel tabs.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kathy, not sure if you had a question or just wanted have a general discussion. There have been a few threads regarding it as well as an initial announcement awhile back by Ryan Jordan that it was on its way.

Definitely a cool looking stove and the combined set is compounds the coolness. The price is obscene but some may disagree, particularly sellers.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Definitely expensive, but if it conserves alcohol while boiling faster, and still works well with food, then I think it could be worth it. It is somewhat on the heavy side, but for long hikes the weight could be mitigated by carrying less alcohol and burning more wood.

Jim MacDiarmid
    BPL Member

@jrmacd

Pictures of it in action here

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools