Topic

Platypus repair: Which Glue type?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Platypus repair: Which Glue type?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

My 3 yaer old 2L platypus bottle has sprung a leak at the shoulder of the neck insert where it tapers to the joint of the body sides.

Which is the best glue type to seal it up with?

Thanks

Marco A. Sánchez

@marcoasn

Locale: The fabulous Pyrenees

I’ve had success using a cyanoacrylate adhesive with a rubber base for some flexibility (Super Glue 3 Power Gel; I guess you can find something similar in the UK) I also reinforced it with a small patch of plastic and no leakes until today.

Robert Carver
    BPL Member

@rcarver

Locale: Southeast TN

I had a small hole in one of mine. I used seam grip to fix it.

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

seam grip has worked ok for me in the past.

if worse comes to worse, contact platypus and ask them. They will most likely hook you up on a new bladder. I know their parent company (cascade designs) is super great to work with on stuff like this.

Elliott Wolin
    BPL Member

@ewolin

Locale: Hampton Roads, Virginia

Playtpus has a good warranty policy. One of mine sprung a leak and they just sent me a new one. I had to ship the old one back. Call them first.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools