Topic

A Sub-Three Ounce Cooking System

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear A Sub-Three Ounce Cooking System

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

I finally figured out the insulation problem for my homemade can pot and assembled my ultralight cook system. The total weight is 2.6 oz. and the can functions as a pot, bowl, and mug. The best part is that you can lift the pot off the stove without a separate pot lifter or handle. Much better than using a flammable bandana! Other DIY-ers will notice that it’s modelled after the Hog-On-Ice setup. As always, feedback is welcomed. Take a look:
    http://www.freewebs.com/jasonklass/subthreeouncesystem.htm

David Lewis
    BPL Member

@davidlewis

Locale: Nova Scotia, Canada

That band looks very nice. What type of store would carry that kevlar stuff if you were looking for it locally? Also, how much does your lid weigh? (in grams). 7 grams?

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Hi David, I haven’t been able to find the Kevlar wick locally. I got it from a fire-dancing company on the net. So I suppose if you have one of those locally you might be able to find it. As for the lid, my diet scale says 0.2 oz. (sorry, I don’t do grams) but I don’t know how accurate that is. I really want a better scale but can’t afford to buy one right now.

Erich Foster

@erichlf

Looks good!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools