Topic

Montane wind jackets

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Montane wind jackets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Mann

@dmann

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Great deals on Montane wind shells at basegear.com.
    The Slipstream is the lightest, and comparable to the Montbell UL Wind Jacket at nearly half the price.

http://www.basegear.com/jackets.html?sb3=Montane&sb2=&sort=&page=1

L Miller

@lmiller

Locale: Maryland

Just a heads up – these run REALLY small.

I ordered the Slipstream a size up (XL – usually wear a L) after reading that these can run small. The torso fit was snug, but it would work over a baselayer. The arms were basically skin tight. No way they could handle the gun show and I felt like the jacket would rip if I bent my arms. My arms are pretty big, not huge, but I would probably have to size up 3 sizes for the jacket to fit in the arms. Alas, they do not offer XXXL…

If you can find one that fits you, the quality seemed good and the weight was right on.

Gregory Topf
    BPL Member

@notoriousgrt

Locale: PNW / Switzerland

XL Slipstreamed myself as well. I have now been windshirted. Been looking for a deal on Montane for a while. Cheers.

Jacob Linton
    Spectator

@gardenhead

Locale: Western NC

I recently purchased a Featherlite Marathon Jacket to replace a too small Montbell UL winshirt, and the Montane was sized a good bit larger. Both were a size small.
    Hopefully that'll help someone.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I saw a used one at 2nd Ascent in Seattle last Sunday…. a large IIRC.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools