Topic

LightHeart Gear? New Maker? Looks interesting.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) LightHeart Gear? New Maker? Looks interesting.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Thanks for the pictures Miguel, and the pros/cons, Franco.

JR Redding

@grinchmt

Moonbow is still in operation. I own one of their tarps. Being from New Hampshire I saw a couple people up in the whites with their gearskins packs. Interesting concept but not for me…

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

This is my mock up of the LHG Solo tent.
    As expected there is room to spare around my 72'x20' mat, a 77'x25' will fit in.
    The vestibule seems a bit larger than I imagined, so a pair of shoes and a pack (sandwiched between the two walls) should fit.
    So definitely one to look at for the 6'3" plus brigade.
    Still at nearly 38'sq total ,it does have a pretty large footprint for a solo tent.
    As Miguel has pointed out, however, there are no guylines , so that is a consideration when looking at the footprint.
    Franco
    BTW, this is the LightHeart version, not the Nomad
    LHG Solo mock up
    Sorry about the terrible shot…

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Thanks for that 3D real life diagram, Franco.

Now about your grass there. Too many tents set up in the yard over the years blocking the sunlight? ; )

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Now about your grass there. Too many tents set up in the yard over the years blocking the sunlight?

LOL — I think I see the pattern of a Moment on that lawn!

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

For a true test of the Nomad tent, you can read Meredith J. Eberhardt's (Niblewill Nomad's)book, "Where Less the Path is Worn," about his hike from the Gaspe coast to Key West (plus Newfoundland).
    He was over 60 when he did that hike in 2000, and is still going strong. He now has a 12.6 oz cuben version of the nomad tent made in Germany. More info on nimblewillnomad.com.

I also wondered why wind blown rain didn't come in the front door, but Miguel's pic of the tent with the front awning lowered seems the answer.

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Locale: Finland

The ZPacks Hexamid does come to my mind, if I see the photos of the Nomad/ LHG tents.

Shawn Johnson

@shawn

Samuel – Thanks for the links to Meredith Eberhart's site and his info on long distance trails.

I would love to know where he purchased the "12.6 oz cuben version of the nomad tent made in Germany". I didn't find it at his site. It sounds very interesting as well.

David Wills

@willspower3

Looks kind of like the Vamp tarp and nettent SMD just brought out. Any thoughts on if its better to have the flexibility of a tarp + net nent vs 1 piece like what lighthearts looks to have?

Matt Lutz

@citystuckhiker

Locale: Midwest

Gossamer Gear is testing a new prototype tent that looks really, really similar:

(Twitter page) http://twitter.com/GossamerGear/status/7610364166
    (Photo) http://img162.yfrog.com/i/ritx.jpg/

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Huh. Interesting. Will have to wait and see what comes out from both companies.

jeffrey bennett
    Spectator

@jollygreen

Locale: Near the bottom

Dang! I had just figured out the solo tent I was going to buy. Then you go and show me a new one. Now I have to start over.
    Moment, Lightheart, contrail, The One, Lunar Solo, New prototype, Etc….

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

Shawn,
    If you go to Nimblewill's site, go to Odyssey 2009, and go to sponsors, there is a picture of the cuben nomad, with the name of the craftsman in Berlin, Germany. But yes, I don't imagine one can just go on line and order one.
    Noticed that the original maker of the sil version has a note on his site that he may be going back into business.

Christopher Wilke
    Spectator

@wilke7000

Locale: Colorado

I did a quick CAD model of the tent. I'm 6'3" and the model represents me in a 30deg sleeping bag, no pad, on my back. Appears this tent might be a little tight at the head and foot for us tall backsleepers. Side sleepers might make it.

Lighthear Solo

Chris

DONALD DYRLAND

@bowsinger

Funny thing about formats.
    I have always liked Whiteblaze forums because of being easy to use. Posted there a lot.
    My buddy has had nothing but trouble with Whiteblaze and finding my posts.

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools