Feb 19, 2010 at 12:00 pm #1255476
BPL will be re-introducing the Stealth NANO tarp this spring, and it is now available for prepurchase. Here are the prepurchase details:
1. The MSRP will be $329.99 including stakes, guylines, and stuff sack. The sale price of $269.99 will be available to anyone that prepurchases it. Once the prepurchase period is over, the price will go back to the MSRP.
2. A limited quantity is available right now, and I don't expect to have another production run this spring.
3. Lifetime Members are able to prepurchase the tarp now.
4. All Members will be able to prepurchase the tarp starting Sunday night.
5. The prepurchase period will end when the inventory is gone or the end of next week, whichever comes first.
6. Tarps will be shipped prior to March 10.
7. The tarp has been completely redesigned, has a new manufacturer, no sewn seams, new tougher fabric, and is much lighter than the old one. It's 64 sq. ft. in surface area, 9' long, 8'6" wide at the head end and 5'6" wide at the foot end, and weighs 4.95 oz.
To read more details about the tarp, or to prepurchase it, you may visit its product page here:
(reminder that this page is accessible only to Lifetime Members until Sunday night, and Members only after that)Feb 19, 2010 at 12:07 pm #1575929
I can't even look at the specs until Sunday! Bummer!
-TimFeb 19, 2010 at 12:49 pm #1575949
@wandering_bobLocale: Oregon, USA
$100 puts you first in line, followed by the $20 crowd, and the unwashed masses bringing up the rear.
and Oware isn't making these anymore? So who is? Could make a big difference to purchasers.Feb 19, 2010 at 12:58 pm #1575954
@creachenLocale: East Bay
Bob, MLD makes them– Cuben Grace tarp at 5.50 oz at $255.00-the dimensions are smaller.Feb 19, 2010 at 2:53 pm #1576015
Zpacks is also making cuben tarps. Excellent prices, just a 10 week wait.Feb 19, 2010 at 3:02 pm #1576020
@redmonkLocale: Greater California Ecosystem
I interpreted the question as who is making *this* tarp, not who is making tarps from cuben. I could be wrong.Feb 19, 2010 at 3:13 pm #1576025
I interpreted the question as who is making *this* tarp, not who is making tarps from cuben. I could be wrong.
Ah, you might be correct. Well, hopefully I'm not breaking any embargos by saying that it is still advertised as 'Made in the USA' if that was what the questioner meant.Feb 19, 2010 at 3:14 pm #1576026
We are using one of our own domestic (U.S.) manufacturing sources, and we are not partnering with a manufacturer that makes other Cuben tarps on the market.Feb 19, 2010 at 3:39 pm #1576037
@wandering_bobLocale: Oregon, USA
Cameron is correct – I was asking about the new maker of the BLP Nano tarps. I could have made my question a little clearer.
Ryan has answered the question to a satisfactory extent. He has no obligation to identify the suppliers of his products or their country of origin unless so specified in their agreement. From a marketing perspective, country of origin disclosures can be a plus or a minus to prospective sales.Feb 19, 2010 at 3:49 pm #1576041
@jshorttLocale: North Carolina
The dimensions are rather impressive.
"The tarp has been completely redesigned, has a new manufacturer, no sewn seams.."
With a 9+ length and 8+ width I assume there will be seams. I find it interesting that the seams are not sewn.
Looks to be a great tarp.
JamieFeb 21, 2010 at 5:14 pm #1576821
The new Stealth Nano Tarp is now available for prepurchase by all members, and the free shipping for Lifetime Members prepurchasing the tarp is no longer available.
View it here:Feb 22, 2010 at 12:08 am #1576961
This tarp looks impressive…..kudo's to BPL. I really like the use of bonded seems, 0.8oz cuben instead of 0.6oz and how vivid (for cuben) the coloring appears to be. Well done!Feb 22, 2010 at 7:06 am #1576998
@arichardson6Locale: North East
This is very tempting! Great job BPL!Mar 18, 2010 at 7:49 am #1587829
@sharaldsLocale: Gallatin Range
The BPL Stealth Nano Tarps are beginning to ship to customers.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.