Topic

Where is everyone at Gossamer Gear?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Where is everyone at Gossamer Gear?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Dana S
    BPL Member

@naman919

Locale: Richmond, Virginia

I used to be in contact regularly with Grant over there at GG and haven't heard back from him since last fall.

Where'd they go?

Also, haven't been on the site in months b/c of a snapped tendon in my ankle but if this has been answered, just usher me in the direction! :)

**crap, just saw my membership expired!

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> crap, just saw my membership expired!
    Pretty easy to fix!

Cheers

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I recently had a product with a slight defect and emailed Grant about it. I got a response the next day and a pre-paid shipping label sent to via priority mail. I just sent it off for a repair last week so I don't have it back yet, but I have always gotten great customer service from Grant and the GG crew. Perhaps an email got lost in the shuffle and you should send another one.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I just got a package from them, so at least someone is still there shipping things out.

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

interacted with glen and grant in the last few weeks. no problem as I would expect from them.

–mark

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I emailed GG back in December with shipping questions about an order I wanted to place. I never did hear back from GG despite waiting several weeks. I ended up just using a less than ideal shipping option which was available through their online cart rather than calling long distance. Once the order was placed I did receive it quickly.

Dana S
    BPL Member

@naman919

Locale: Richmond, Virginia

Still having issues getting a hold of them. I even submitted a contact request via their website with no luck.

I'm planning on doing the AT in two more weeks and need to get in contact with them. I haven't called but usually they are on top of email.

No luck emailing grant, glen, or the site directly.

Most of my gear (backpack, tarp, poles) is GG and I want to make sure my parents can get in touch with Grant/GG to send me replacement gear, should the need arise.

GG, where ya at?

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

This is just speculation, but it could be an email problem on your end.

–B.G.–

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Since I am a big GG fan, I get quite a few PM's about their products. Several people have gotten feedback on questions sent to GG, and then want to run ideas by me. It sounds like GG is responding to some people. Of course, a phone call is usually the best way… then you know they received your question.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I sent them an email just the other day and got a response in less than an hour. They must not be getting your emails for some reason.

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

I was thinking this thread was old…

but then I read…

Yeah I think its a prob at your end. I emailed them couple days ago and got a response in a few hours.

maybe its going to their junk file.

Maybe they put it there on purpose:)

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

They may have just forgotten. I put a call in late Friday with a question about an order I made that same day. The call was never returned, but the order was shipped Monday. I was hoping to get another product shipped with it, so no point in calling them back. Sometimes people slip through the cracks. I'm sure they're busy.

Blair Gentes

@blastreach

Without going into details, I have had very poor customer service from Gossamer Gear this winter. Prior to this winter it was excellent, and am hoping for the same in the future.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools