Topic

Flipbac for macros?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Flipbac for macros?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ralph Lowe

@rloweanzac

Has anyone had any success using the Flipbac mirror for macros? I have a canon 50D and s90. I have a bad back and Im curious for anyone's comments or tried it on these cameras. Website : flipbac.com

Thanks in advance Ralph

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for posting this–I've not seen it before.

It could be useful for macros and overhead shooting. I have an slr with an articulated screen and it's great for overhead and low, wide angle shooting. A mirror won't be as useful but is probably better than nothing.

My main reservation is the inability to easily detatch it. I suspect it's going to be in the way in normal shooting situations. They also missed an opportunity to allow it to flip upwards to shade the screen.

I'd probably spring for one for my LX3 if it were tripod-socket mounted, but taping it to the camera means it's there more or less permanently.

Cheers,

Rick

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools