Topic

Ideas? Warmish winter hiking spot

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Ideas? Warmish winter hiking spot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eric Fredricksen
    BPL Member

@efredricksen

Locale: Silicon Valley

A friend and I are going to meet up for a long weekend to talk some things over between now (mid-Feb) and early March. He wants a break from the current East Coast snowmare, and I'm coming from WA. I thought we might as well get some hiking in at the same time. Can anyone suggest a good un-winter-like base for some day hikes or maybe a weekender? Maybe in AZ?

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Death Valley National Park.

At this season, the temperature will be +95 F, tops, down at the desert floor. As you move upslope, it drops to maybe +45 F along the ridges.
    –B.G.–

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Oro Valley or Catalina, north of Tucson is pretty low key. They're about an hour from the airport.

Catalina State Park, Saguaro NM, Romero Canyon, and Sabino Canyon are all great hiking. And there's more….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools