Topic

Fuel pouch

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Fuel pouch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Bach Melick

@hrt4me

Thanks for the good info!

Ryan Longmire
    BPL Member

@longmire

Locale: Tejas

I have a couple of the clear disposable flasks. They hold about 7.5 fl oz. and weigh in at 0.4 oz. They seem to be about as durable as a Platypus.

Make sure you have the cap screwed on nice and tight or they will leak when they get squeezed.

Ron Bell / MLD
    BPL Member

@mountainlaureldesigns

Locale: USA

I got 100- planned on shipping one free with Stoves- but I am sending them all back. First one tested needed the lid screwed on very tight to prevent leaks and when squeezed med to hard in my hand the top seam blew out.

Not as tough as the platys.

Could be ok if used gently and replaced after each trip- but not tough enough for me to include with a product. -Back to my old fav a small 5 – 6 oz size soda/juice screw top bottle.

Bummer- guess that's why is only $1.50…

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I haven't heard much about these Rum Runner flasks. Are they any good? I would not expect them to be as strong as a Platypus, but they have some in an 8 ounce size.

Or, what is a good alternative as a collapsible liquid flask?

–B.G.–

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I may have to give them a try. I have all sorts of hard plastic flasks, but I need one to fit into an unusual place (a titanium Sierra cup).

–B.G.–

Mark Ryan

@sixguns01

Locale: Somewhere. Probably lost.

How much do these weigh? 16oz and 32oz bladders?

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools