Topic

Titanium Goat Tenkara Rod

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Titanium Goat Tenkara Rod

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Locale: Finland

Titanium Goat brought out, in cooperation with Tenkara USA (the guys behind the tenkara rods) a rod/pole adapter. Let me quote their description from here:

"The TiGoat -Tenkara USA rod/pole adapter, turns your TiGoat AGP upper trekking pole section into a full blown, 10.5' 7:3 Tenkara fly rod. The pole adapter takes down to 19" long, and only weighs 1.5oz. The rod blanks are provided by tenkarausa.com, where you can find some great information, instructional videos, and other accessories. The rod comes with line, and a rod sleeve to pack your Tenkara rod in. It doesn't get any lighter than this. The prototype rod in the photos landed over 500 fish on a precious few summer trips in the summer
    of 2009."

Priced at 95$ its way cheaper than the BPL Hane or Tenkara USA's own rods, so it should be an interesting option for al who'd like to try this out. While not having tried it out myself, I like the idea and what I find excellent, and much better than the BPL rod is imo that this item is multipurpose, thus more in the spirit of UL.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

This is definately a neat item. It makes me want to get into fly fishing.

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

>Priced at 95$ its way cheaper than the BPL Hane or Tenkara >USA's own rods,…

For me, it would be $225, since I don't have the TiGoat poles. Also, the BPL pole, due to it's strengthened lower shaft has some potential for multi-use, such as a lower tarp pole, snow anchor, or sand stake.

Nonetheless, props to TiGoat for another innovative product – of which I would most assuredly partake if I already owned a set of their trekking poles!

BTW, does this accessory work with any other brand of trekking poles?

Chris Stewart

@cm_stewart

There is no way I would use it as a sand stake. You do NOT want to get any sand or grit in the joints of the rod.

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

Chris says, "There is no way I would use it as a sand stake. You do NOT want to get any sand or grit in the joints of the rod."

To which I say, Hear, hear!

William O’Connor
    Spectator

@willoconnor

If I understand correctly though… this is carried separately and then attached to the TGP's top section. It wouldn't even be used while hiking with the poles, just carried separately.

(edit) Oops… now I realize you guys are refering to the BPL Hane as bad for a sand stake. 'er, Nevermind.

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Locale: Finland

>>For me, it would be $225, since I don't have the TiGoat poles. Also, the BPL pole, due to it's strengthened lower shaft has some potential for multi-use, such as a lower tarp pole, snow anchor, or sand stake. <<

Assuming you use trekking poles, you might just buy the TiGoat trekking poles instead of others. If you don't use trekking poles, then yes, this adaptor + poles is more expensive for you. But if you use poles, then your costs are more like 200$ for the Hane + X $ for the poles. If your cost for X is now smaller than 25$ go for the Hane, if it is bigger you're better of with the TiGoat + adaptor =)

I wish Tenkara USA would have thought of this themselves, and would have approached other cottages (Gossamer Gear with their LT4s comes to mind) with the idea of adaptors to poles. But who knows, maybe the adaptor even does fit on other poles?!

Manfred
    BPL Member

@orienteering

Titanium Goat shows on their website an adapter for the Gossamer trekking poles.
    Unfortunately it is right now out of stock. Does anyone have experience with it? How does it handle compared to the Hane.

I own both the Hane as well as the LT4 and wonder whether getting two Yagi rods with adapters for my LT4 trekking poles would allow me to carry additional fishing gear for two of my kids with almost no weight penalty.

GG LT4 Adapter:
    Carbon fiber adapter makes it possible to attach a Yagi rod to LT4s
    Weight: .3oz
    ……Out of stock…….
    Price: $20

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools