Topic

Joe Valesko of Zpack’s new Joe Valesko of Zpack’s newZPacks™ “Hexamid” Twin Tent or Tarp

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Joe Valesko of Zpack’s new Joe Valesko of Zpack’s newZPacks™ “Hexamid” Twin Tent or Tarp

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"Doug am I close?"

Very close. I have the optional door in the kit as well, and didn't want to unstuff and unroll the shelter to get it out, so with seam sealing (which I'm probably a little heavier on than most), guy lines and stuff sack, plus door with mini carabiners, it weighs 14.75 oz on my cheapo kitchen scale.

James Neal

@laien

Locale: Ozarks

I would like to know what each of you think now after using this shelter for a while. I'm considering one for myself. Thanks.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I only used it twice before selling it. Really liked it though, just didn't fit into my backpacking style, really (3-season hammocker, Duomid in winter). Easy to set up, had it in a very light snowfall and no snow came anywhere near me, plenty of room for me and my gear inside. Used to have the single Hexamid, and took that out once in the winter and got freezing rain falling on me most of the night, but I stayed warm and dry.

I would, without reservation, recommend them.

James Neal

@laien

Locale: Ozarks

I usually hang too. Even in the winter down here. However, I'm looking for something light and sturdy for 3 season trips above treeline. Thanks again.

John Roan
    BPL Member

@jroan

Locale: Vegas

I've had mine for quite a while now and still love it. You can see my complete review here.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools