Topic

Light Weight Tripod

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Light Weight Tripod

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ben Champion
    BPL Member

@bachamp

Locale: Melbourne / Australia.

My heavy Manfrotto Tripod, is not going coming hiking with me, but I still need something so I can take long shutter speeds.

90% of the time I shoot low to the ground, less than 50cm roughly. But often on rocky ground beside streams, or of on the cost, down on the rocks. This means I need something with adjustable legs. So I was thinking of a tripod with 2 section legs (so they can be shortened) and also legs that can be bent to 90deg from the camera (so camera can basically be sitting on the ground. I dont want a center column, and would need to be Carbon to save weight.

Camera and lens weighs 2kgs (4lbs), so it needs to be strong, and sturdy. I would like a ball head, if possible.

Dont really have a budges, but hoping that since its small, it will be cheapish.

Does anyone know of a tripod like this?

Ben Champion
    BPL Member

@bachamp

Locale: Melbourne / Australia.

Gitzo GT0541 + G1178M

I wonder what the weight of the GT0541 would be if I took off the center column and 2 of the legs.

Rakesh Malik

@tamerlin

Locale: Cascadia

http://www.reallybigcameras.com

I have one of the Feisol traveller tripods that they sell, and I use it for my 4×5… excellent product for the price. There are also cheaper (and lighter) models than the one that I purchased, which might be better options if you're not a big camera or big lens user.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools