Topic

Hello Everyone!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris H
    BPL Member

@nxp

Locale: Upper Midwest

Hello everyone!

I just want to take a moment and introduce myself, and tell everyone thank you for opening my eyes to a light way of trekking.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to cut as much weight as some of you, but even lighting my pack to under 30# has made my hiking/hunting much more enjoyable as the miles tick by.

Thanks again, I'll be back reading the archives some more and keeping an eye open for one of those fancy Sil/nylon tarps. Should be a good upgrade from my poly blue tarp.

Chris

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Hey Chris,

Welcome to the forums. Glad you found (like we did) that lightening your load can mean a more enjoyable hiking experience. No one wants to be a pack mule — esp. when hauling stuff that we think are important when in reality they may not be. Read up on past threads and ask plenty of questions so you can perfect for yourself the art of hiking light — and safe!

Let the dark force work within you. Mwahaha…

Kent C.

@kent

Locale: High Sierra

Welcome Chris!

+1 with Ben.

If you're serious, you can drop from ~30# to 15# or less(and pretty quickly if financially able). I know this for a fact because I did it over the winter of '08. I got tons of help from other UL'ers, mostly on this site. You're on the right track checking old threads; much to be had there. If they don't answer your questions, ask in the forums – you'll get many helpful answers.

Happy Trails…..

Andrew Richardson

@arichardson6

Locale: North East

Hey Chris!

Good job getting your pack weight down! You might not imagine cutting as much weight as others here, but trust me when I say you may be surprised. Enough time on these forums and all the things that seem outlandish now won't seem so crazy! ;-)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools