Topic

KwikTwist’s ??

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear KwikTwist’s ??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    craig vaccaro

@colorado

Hi everyone-
    New here. Really like what I see.
    Question:
    Anybody ever take those KwikTwist Bungees with them on a trip? I have the last few trips and found them to be really useful. Lightweight and strong.
    Just Curious – CO

Jeff Antig

@antig

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Why would you need a bungee for backpacking?

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Mini-bungee cords are handy for lashing something bulky, such as a foam pad, to the outside of a pack. Standard bungee cords and KwikTwists are rather heavy, in my opinion.

Incidentally, in the trivia department, where did the name "bungee cord" come from?

It is a corruption of the term "bunching cord" that was used to bunch together crops during harvest.
    –B.G.–

craig vaccaro

@colorado

These "bungees" are not the "stretchy" kind. They have a flexible, strong, yet super light wire inside and a tough foam outside. You can twist them, knot them, shape them. Google it. They sell 'em at Home Depot. Very handy for hanging gear off trees, attaching extras to your pack…etc.

Corey Miller

@coreyfmiller

Locale: Eastern Canada

You could probably fashion something like this on your own using duct tape and a coat hanger. Could probably make them a lot lighter as well

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools