Topic

Golite Jam2 Frame

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Golite Jam2 Frame

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

I was packing for a hike earlier and trying to decide between my Jam2 and GG Miniposa, when I wondered if the Miniposa's U-frame would fit into the Jam2. It slipped into the back padding sleeve with no problem and the flap on top held the frame in perfectly. So if anyone wants a Jam2 that might be able to hold a bit heavier stuff, here is one lightweight solution!

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

Thanks for the tip. I have a Jam2 and that sounds like a great way to increase the load bearing ability of it. I'd be interested to see how it works for you.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

I don't have one, but by deduction, this should work for the GoLite Pinnacle, too, and that would certainly be welcome for the heavier loads it carries, especially in winter.

Nathan Liechty

@capitalnathan

Does anyone know if its possible to get a hold of the frame sheet without having to buy a complete GG pack?

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

The GG frame is actually a u-shaped aluminum tube, not a sheet, so therefore it's really light. If you contact Grant at GG I think you can order one from him.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools